Thursday, March 13, 2008

All about my ruffle scarves

In November, last year I went to craft fair *Syfestivalen*. There I bought a pile of different yarns. At one festival booth they had such scarves already knitted. Of course they draw my attention. Best part in that story is that one seller just made the scarf and I saw that processing is very easy. So, of course I bought that yarn, a lot of yarn- to be able to make scarves for me and some friends. That was yarn from OnLine Linie 194 Solo, 50% merino wool, 50% acrylic. Colour 0011 for red-orange-yellow and 0013 for blue-bluer-bluest. Quite soon I finished that yarn, kept one scarf for myself and give away others.I also published photos in other internet based communities. Then I got a lot of interest from friends and questions from some if I could make such a scarf for them. Of course, why not? Just wasn’t able to buy more yarn from that company, cause that shop is quite far away. But in other yarn shop I saw similar yarn from Schoeller + Stahl Aloha Stripes, 100% acrylic. I bought yarn in light red- dark red- black (0007) for my former teacher and colour called cayenne (0003) for the good friend of mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Så kul, jag har gjort en likadan sjal! Den orange!
Trevlig blogg du har!

trixie1004 said...

hi,
i've had some 'aloha stripes' yarn for a while but have forgotten how to make the ruffle scarf. can you help me?
pam auerbach
my email is 'pauer2001@aol.com
thanks so much if you can.